This group started its activity in 2000 to promote a research e-infrastructure at IFCA integrated and relevant at international level.
- The middleware framework used has evolved from Grid computing towards Cloud.
The group has setup a first level computing infrastructure at national range, with visibility at international level, and participation in numerous international projects (you can see all projects of the group here).
The group has open new lines of activities in the last years: integration of instrumentation in the distributed computing framework, support to multidisciplinary applications, integration of solutions in the cloud platform, knowledge preservation.
- Global Objectives:
The global objective of the group is to make a relevant contribution in Data Science in analytics, engineering and open data, in different science fields, and in particular in interdisciplinary applications , profiting of the computational resources available.
- Contribute to the the analysis of large data volumes, like CMS experiment at LHC, using Big Data techniques.
- Integrate the different components for applications in environmental science, from sensors and data taking up to simulation and modeling, participating in projects at national and international level.
- Participation in extremely large simulations in a realistic context for complex systems, like those proposed in initiatives like FET in H2020.
• Mantain and improve the computing infrastructure managed by the group, currently including a supercomputer, several clusters, an storage system with a capacity above 1 Petabyte, and an archiving system with an equivalent capacity, and assure its exploitation in demanding and outstanding projects at national and international level.
• Develop a complete support chain to Data Management, from data acquisition to preservation.
• Develop new simulation techniques using new technologies based in agents and noSQL DBMS.
• Study the scalability of these techniques in the HPC context, for supercomputers, Grid systems, Cloud and clusters.
- If you need more information visit our wiki: confluence.ifca.es
Current projects we coordinate:
Current projects we participate:
OOI (OpenStack OCCI Interface)
EGI Federated Cloud integration modules for OpenStack
CSIC as OpenStack Active Technical Contributor
You can see all projects of the group here.
|FERNANDO||AGUILAR||GÓMEZ||mailto:email@example.com||942206779||S115+||CSIC||Advanced Computing and e-Science||1|
|ISABEL||CAMPOS ||PLASENCIAfirstname.lastname@example.org||942201343||S115||CSIC||Advanced Computing and e-Science||16|
|MARÍA ||CASTRILLO||MELGUIZOemail@example.com||S101||UC||Advanced Computing and e-Science||212|
|MIRIAM||COBO ||CANO||mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org||S124||CSIC||Advanced Computing and e-Science||183|
|JAIME||CÉSPEDES||SISNIEGA||mailto: email@example.com||S124||CSIC||Advanced Computing and e-Science||181|
|ANNA SALUT||ESTEVE||DOMÍNGUEZ||mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org||CSIC||Advanced Computing and e-Science||186|
|DANIEL||GARCÍA||DÍAZ||mailto: email@example.com||S122||CSIC||Advanced Computing and e-Science||189|
|IGNACIO||HEREDIA||CACHÁ||mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org||S122||UC||Advanced Computing and e-Science||194|
|PEDRO ANDRÉS||HEREDIA ||CANALESemail@example.com||S124||CSIC||Advanced Computing and e-Science||221|
|LARA||LLORET||IGLESIAS||mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org||942206779||S116||CSIC||Advanced Computing and e-Science||112|